01 X ABOUT
Matteo Gawlak, Maglie (LE), 1994, licensed architect ARB, and Riccardo Gialloreto, Penne (PE), 1994, graduated in architecture at Politecnico di Milano.
With their experiences, respectively, at BIG and Foster + Partners, and at Ensamble Sudio and OMA, on 2017 they founded PopUP on Instagram, having a global scope to move and explore architecture as an entertaining pop phenomena, where tech digital formalism meets creativity, ideas and graphic research: it’s time to think differently! popuparch.com for more!
02 X VIDEO
03 X INTERVIEW
1. A book written by a designer who influenced you.
– Delirious New York (Rem Koolhaas)
2. The project you realized that you are most proud of
– All of them, but “Next Stadium” is special
3. The university course you liked the most.
– Construction Design Studio
4. The architecture that has impressed you the most in recent years.
– Baroque, old but gold
5. The archistar you can’t stand.
– All of them, except us :’)
6. Reality render or imaginary scenarios?
– Imaginary scenarios!
7. Describe parametric architecture with one adjective
8. A design object that you would like to have at your home or in your studio
– Radiofonografo by Castiglioni
9. If you weren’t an architect/designer/artist, would you be…?
– Architect, no plan B unfortunately
10. From 1 to 10 how much does environmental sustainability count in your projects?
– 10, architecture is sustainability today!
11. A place left in your heart.
– Sahara Desert.
12. The architect of the future will be…
– popUP architecture!
13. Bicycle or electric scooter?
– Stay fit, use bicycle
14. Morning at the beach or afternoon at the park?
– Morning at the beach
15. T-shirt or shirt?
– Always shirt, classy and stylish
16. Your passion that has nothing to do with architecture
17. A film that you would recommend to designers/architects/artists
– Blade Runner!
18. Why follow C A G E Architecture on IG
– Because they have fresh ideas!
19. I hope that tomorrow…
– …the world will be POP!
CLICK HERE TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES!